Who loves a good guilt free cookie?! Me!! 🙂
Cookies are my all time favorite dessert and I love any opportunity to try new variations of them.
When I got home from work today, I made some (almost) paleo chocolate chip cookies. They would have been 100% paleo, except that I added some whole wheat flour.
Where I used whole wheat flour in the recipe could easily be replaced with almond meal or more flaxseed meal. It was my first time cooking with flaxseed meal, so I wasn’t completely ready to take the full plunge. So, I decided to split it up between two different flours for tonight (flax seed meal and whole wheat flour).
Now that I have officially baked with the flaxseed meal and saw how wonderfully the cookies came out, I am much more confident in replacing whole wheat flour completely for flaxseed meal in a recipe.
These (almost) paleo chocolate chip cookies are a lovely healthy treat: no butter, no sugar. They are sweetened with coconut oil and raw honey! Yum!
1/2 cup organic flax seed meal
1/2 cup + 1/8 cup whole wheat flour –> this is why they’re just almost paleo
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup raw organic honey
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup cacao nibs, or chocolate chips
1/3 cup crushed walnuts
1. Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees and grease a baking pan. Or, you could Misto-spray it! 🙂
2. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flax meal, whole wheat flour, baking soda and salt.
3. In a Kitchen Aid, beat together the vanilla extract, eggs, honey, and coconut oil.
4. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until well combined.
5. Now, add the cacao nibs (or chocolate chips) and crushed walnuts and mix just until just combined.
6. Place 1 tbsp scoops of the batter onto the baking pan and place in the oven for 7 minutes.
7. Take out, let cool, and enjoy!
Latest posts by Courtney (see all)
- Nearly all of these essay writing services can be found the web and cater to all students and professionals no matter their geographical site. - September 18, 2017
- Finding Time For Coffee - May 19, 2017
- Picnic Lunch With My Girl - September 27, 2016